Packing a healthy and easy lunch is a bit of a chore whether it is for school or for work. But few easy super food lunchbox ideas for a week will get you going because they make it easier to pack healthy and mouth-watering dishes into your lunchboxes.
These recipes are easily prepared using simple ingredients found in your kitchen. The use of veggies, chicken, Greek Yogurt, and all such ingredients truly make these lunchbox ideas “super food”. They are healthy and nutritious.
Chicken and Corn-Wraps:
Chicken and corn make up for a healthy and nutritious lunch. The chicken and corn-wrap is perfect lunch box filler because of all the yummy flavors it packs in just a small wrap.
- Cherry Tomatoes: 125g, quartered
- Corn Kernels: 125g Can, drained
- Green Onions: two finely sliced
- Sweet Chili Sauce: 2 tablespoons
- Butter Lettuce: 8 leaves
- Whole meal Lavash Bread: 4 sheets
- Barbecued Chicken: 1 1/2 cup, shredded
- Cheese: 1 cup, grated
- Take a big bowl and add tomatoes, onion, corn and sauce. Mix all the ingredients gently.
- On each half lavash sheet, arrange two lettuce leaves over them. Top it with chicken, tomato mixture, and cheese. Roll the sheet tightly from one short end to other so that the fillings are enclosed nicely.
- Cut each-wrap in half and secure it with a string or baking paper.
Veggie Meatball Sandwiches:
These yummy and delicious meatball sandwiches with the extra nutrition of vegetables will give you a power-packed lunchbox. They are great for both you and your kids.
- Lean beef mince: 500g
- Carrot: 1, small, peeled and finely grated
- Zucchini: 1 small, finely grated
- Marinara Sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Multigrain Bread: 12 slices
- Tomatoes: 2, ripe and thinly sliced
- Butter Lettuce: one leaves separated
- Hummus: 1/2 cup
- Avocados: 2, halved and smashed
- Use non-stick paper to line a baking-tray. Take a large bowl and mix the carrot, mince, zucchini and marinara sauce thoroughly. Take one heaped tablespoon of the mixture to make it into a small ball. Make several balls and align them on a tray.
- On medium heat, place a big non-stick frying pan and add meatballs to it. Cook while turning them regularly for 4-5 minutes until they are perfectly cooked.
- Spread avocado on the bottom slice of the bread and top it up with tomato, meatball, and lettuce. Spread hummus on the top slice and sandwich them together. Cut sandwiches and wrap them in a plastic wrap.
Grilled Quesadilla Pizza:
Transform your pizza into a grilled quesadilla with simple and traditional pizza ingredients! This is the simplest lunchbox pizza that will make your kids fall in love with it.
- 8-inches Flour Tortillas: 2 (small size for a lunchbox)
- Spaghetti Sauce: 3 tablespoons
- Cheese: ¼ cup, shredded
- Pepperoni: 8 Slices
- Like all other quesadillas spread spaghetti sauce onto your tortilla.
- Place thinly sliced pepperoni above the sauce all over the tortilla.
- Spread shredded cheese and wrap the tortilla in half.
- Brush some butter on your pizza stone and place it in the oven to preheat.
- When the pizza stone is hot, keep your tortilla onto it and place it in the oven for grilling.
- Cut the tortilla wrap into halves and pack it in the lunchbox.
Greek Pasta Salad
Pasta is always our most favorite dish and we love the cheesy and gooey pasta any time of the day. Thus, this easy and quick pasta salad adds more health to our favorite meal and effortlessly makes the lunchbox healthier.
- Farfalle Pasta: 250g
- Greek Yoghurt: 2 tablespoon
- Cheese: ¼ cup, shredded
- Lemon Juice: 1 tablespoon
- Red Capsicum: 1/2, chopped
- Carrot: 1, grated
- Cherry Tomatoes: 125g, chopped
- Cook-pasta in a pan filled with boiling salted water. When the pasta is tender (after approx. 12 minutes), drain it and rinse the pasta under cold water.
- Combine pasta, yogurt, capsicum and carrot and toss everything gently. Now, top it with shredded cheese and place it in the oven for few minutes, until the cheese melts.
Use these ideas to prepare a healthy and delicious snack that can be made daily for your lunchbox! These super food ideas will make you a wonder mom to your kids and super wife to your husband.
Tiffany Watts is the blogger behind Dilesia, a food blog curated for newbie and experienced cooking and baking enthusiasts, with the aim of bringing back the glamor and fashion in the kitchen. Dilesia, “where sweet treats and good eats meet,” provides a portal for everyone to discover delicious recipes, new and upcoming kitchen gadgets, and easy (and surprising) ways to upgrade culinary skills.