With March 22nd marking World Water Day, it’s an important time to think about how healthy drinking water is for everyone.
International World Water Day is held annually on March 22nd as a means of focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.
Drinking clean water not only keeps you hydrated but works to keep our bodies working, protecting joints, removing waste, regulating body temperature and much more. The weather is warming up here so I have been trying to keep a better focus on drinking more water not only for the warmth coming but I know that water can help flush toxins out of our bodies, perfect for someone trying to work out and lose weight.
Recently I checked out the Filtrete Water Station. As I have been drinking more water, we live in a small town and tap water just doesn’t taste too great so I’ve found myself buying water. After awhile, the price starts to add up as well as the many plastic bottles that begin to collect. With the Filtrete Water Station, I can filter water myself so the girls and I both have water that is great and in reusable water bottles as well.
Features of the Filtrete Water Station-
- Provides the convenience of bottled water without the cost and waste
- Saves typical families up to $4,000 per year in bottled water costs
- Filters water directly from the tap into four, BPA-free reusable water bottles
- When full, place the bottles in the fridge for bottled water when you want it and attach additional bottles to the water station so the entire family has one
- Bottles are dishwasher safe and include a leak-proof cap for busy, on-the-go moms
- Provides the approximate recommended daily water intake — 64 ounces
- Helps reduce chlorine taste and odor and sediment
- Filter lasts longer, filtering two and a half times more water than traditional pitcher filters
The Filtrete Water Station consists of a carbon fast flow filter, four water bottles, and the body or base of the station. Once you run water through the filter for a first time, set up truly takes only minutes. You have to run water through the filter once before filling. I did a quick fill up on video for you to see how fast it really is.
I have stored the bottles in our fridge, taking out bottles for me to take on the go for myself and as the girls need water throughout the day, I already have cold and filtered water I can pour straight into their sippy cups.
The Filtrete Water Station is available at mass merchandisers as well as online.
Retail Price includes:
- Filtrete Water Station-including 1 Docking station and lid, 1 Filtrete Fast Flow Filter, 4 16.9 oz water bottles:$42.99
- Filtete Water Bottles-2 16.9 oz-$15.99
- Filtrete Fast Flow Filter:$12.99
One For The Love of Baby! reader will win their very own Filtrete Water Station!
Enter To Win
- Take a look at the Filtrete website. Leave me a comment letting me know something you learned or another product you’d love to check out!
Additional Entries (above must be completed first)
- Follow me on Twitter @MommyJenna One Additional Entry
- Follow Filtrete Water on Twitter. One Additional Entry
- Become a Google Friend Connect Follower (bottom footer of page) One Additional Entry
- Become an e-mail subscriber of For The Love of Baby (see bottom of page) Two Additional Entries.
- Tweet about this giveaway linking back to the post for ONCE DAILY Unlimited Entries.
- Comment on any non-giveaway post. Leave me a comment here with a link to the post you commented on. Unlimited Entries.
Contest Open to US Mailing Addresses Only. Contest will End April 11th, 2011 at 11:59 PM CST. Winner will have 48 hours from the time contacted to claim prize. Winner will be drawn at random.