I love grilling out. It’s the perfect way to have friends over and enjoy quality time together. Before moving, we loved having cookouts with our neighbors and the perfect “send-off” to moving was a 4th of July Grillout. When being told about the Dibs on My Ribs Cookoff, I decided it was the perfect time to test my creativity and create something I’ve never done before.
The Dibs on my Ribs! Cookoff gives entrants the chance to win a one year supply of groceries by creating a recipe with a minumum of three ingredients, including at least 1 5-lb portion of pork spareribs, one McCormick spice or seasoning product and at least 1 Kraft Foods BBQ Sauce.
Smokey Sweet Spareribs
Prepared on smoker
- 1 5lb pork spareribs
- 2 cup Kraft Honey Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce, 1 cup set aside
- 5 tbsp. McCormick Grill Mates Sweet & Smoky Rub
- 1 tsp. McCormick Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple
- 1 tbsp. McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak
- 1 tbsp. Root Beer
- 1 tsp. Liquid Smoke
- 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
With set aside barbecue sauce, add root beer, liquid smoke, and brown sugar.
- Apply Sweet&Smoky Rub to spareribs.
- Brush ribs with Honey Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce
- Sprinkle Montreal Steak Seasoning and Smokehouse Maple Seasoning evenly across ribs.
- After heating smoker, place ribs and cover. Due to the size of the smoker we were using, we had to cut the ribs into servings to fit evenly.
- Approximately every hour, brush set-aside BBQ sauce mixture.
The ribs smoked for approximately 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
Overall, the ribs were a HUGE hit. I actually only got a small section of ribs but I LOVED it. They were smoky and spicy but had the hint of sweet that made them the ultimate must-try. I will definitely be playing with making spareribs again.
You can enter the Dibs on My Ribs contest and submit your own recipe.
- The contest runs until August 12, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- The contest is co-sponsored by Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc., McCormick & Company, Inc., Kraft Foods, Inc., and the National Pork Board.
- Two Grand Prize winners (one in each recipe category) will receive a one year supply of groceries awarded as twelve $500 Wal-Mart gift cards. Grand Prize Winners will also have the opportunity to attend the Memphis in May BBQ Event in Memphis, TN in May 2012. (See contest site for full prize details.)
Dibs On My Ribs RECIPE CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
The Dibs On My Ribs Contest (“Contest”) begins on May 1, 2012, at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends on August 12, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Contest Period”).
HOW TO ENTER: Visit the National Pork Board website (www.porkbeinspired.com/
dibsonmyribs<http://www.porkbeinspired. com/dibsonmyribs> ) (the “Website”) during the Contest Period to access the Contest Entry Form. Complete the Contest Entry Form, including your original pork ribs “recipe” using pork spareribs (“Recipe”). All recipes must incorporate a minimum of three (3) ingredients, including pork spareribs, at least one (1) McCormick® spice or seasoning product and at least one (1) Kraft Foods BBQ Sauce (unless you are submitting a rub BBQ, in which case you are not required to use a BBQ sauce). You must indicate the appropriate recipe category: Indoor Cooking Division or Outdoor Cooking Division (“Recipe Category”). A Recipe can be entered in only one Recipe Category. The Recipe must meet the Entry Requirements listed below. You must also include a name for your Recipe. You may also include a photo of your Recipe (optional). Photos must be submitted in .jpg, .gif, or .png format (5MB maximum). Photos will not be judged, but will be posted as part of the Consumers’ Choice Contest, if submitted. Collectively, the Recipe, name of your Recipe and Photo (if included) are referred to as the “Entry”. To submit your Entry, you must agree to these Official Rules (check the box) and then click “Submit Entry.” Limit one entry per person/e-mail address, per Recipe Category. Submission of multiple entries in one Recipe Category will invalidate all entries from the entrant. All materials submitted become the property of National Pork Board, Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc., Kraft Foods Inc. and McCormick & Company, Inc. (“Co-sponsors”), and none will be returned. Submission of an Entry grants Co-sponsors and their agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Entry and all components thereof in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
For the complete list of rules please vistit http://bit.ly/RibsContest
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This is a sponsored post. Incentives were provided to me. All opinions are 100% my own.