2020 was definitely a whirlwind year for many, our family included. If I picked something I focused on in any way I could from home and remote learning, ideas that brought out the creativity in kids was a priority for us. This is why I am excited to share a launch from Juicy Juice, the iconic kids’ juice, that aims to help parents foster creativity within their little ones through the launch of the Happy Artist Contest.
To participate, parents can submit their child’s drawing of what makes them 100% happy, like a favorite activity, a beloved pet or an element of nature. Here’s how it works:
- Starting January 6, parents can visit JuicyJuice.com/HappyArtist to download and print the contest design template.
- Parents can talk to their child about what makes them 100% happy and have them create their own depiction of it in the designated template.
- Through February 28, parents can submit their little ones’ artwork on the contest website by uploading an image.
- Then, a panel of judges will collaborate and select the winners based on criteria including design and technique, originality and consistency with the 100% happy theme.
- Winners will be announced on March 15 on JuicyJuice.com/HappyArtist.
- Participants can visit JuicyJuice.com for official rules and regulations.
Four grand prize winners will have the chance to see their artwork featured on Juicy Juice packs and receive a $500 gift card to go towards art supplies and empowering creativity at home. An additional ten first prize winners will receive a $200 gift card to upgrade their at-home art materials. Some tips for little artists’ parents to know:
- Stay inside the lines – the template is sized accordingly to Juicy Juice’s packaging.
- Markers, crayons, colored pencils are all accepted, and the more color the better!
- Artists of any ability and skill level are welcome to participate.
- Judging is based on two age group categories: 2 – 6 and 7 – 10.
“This year more than ever, it’s important for moms and dads to have activities at their fingertips while many are continuing to spend time close to home,” said Ilene Bergenfeld, Chief Marketing Officer at Harvest Hill Beverage Company. “Taking time to reflect on what makes us 100% happy adds another layer of fun to a simple at-home activity, like drawing, and promotes kids’ creative thinking in a new, artistic way.”
Juicy Juice 100% juice has been enjoyed during family mealtime, snack time and activity time for more than 40 years. Available in a wide variety of juicy flavors from fruit punch and strawberry banana to tropical and orange tangerine, Juicy Juice 100% juice is made with no added sugar, no high fructose corn syrup and no artificial sweeteners. Each 8 oz. serving packs one cup of fruit and 100% Vitamin C, making it a great choice that moms and dads love to serve and kids love to drink.
For more inspiration and ideas for staying engaged and entertained while at home, follow Juicy Juice on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Learn more about beverage options for the whole family ranging from 100% juice to lower-sugar and organic at JuicyJuice.com and follow along with the Happy Artist Contest at JuicyJuice.com/HappyArtist.
Nathan and Lucas are happy to get drawing and I can’t wait to see what they create! Creativity in kids will always be something I hope to keep exciting for my children because I know it can help them in so many ways as they continue to grow, learn, and thrive.