In the craft cutting world, there are a lot of resources involved. You may be overwhelmed in choosing which are the ideal ones and go with your budget plans. Vinyl cutters are the materials or machines that are used in cutting materials to make an art of craft.
If you are looking for this machine and you are in a dilemma in selecting the perfect one then worry no more. This article got you covered, you will be able to see cheap vinyl cutters that are simple to use and can be used by anyone even beginners. Here is the breakdown of the cheapest print and cut machines for home crafts.
1. Cricut Explore Air 2
This is among the best cutters in the market. There are other machines that Cricut has produced after the Explore air 2 but indeed it remains quite usable and efficient. The machine is also cheap during discount periods as it retails for under $300.
- Accurate and sharp blades
- Huge artwork library
- It has Bluetooth to enable wireless cutting
- It is convenient for more than 100 distinct materials
- Its settings are calibrated automatically using a smart set dial.
- It is loud
- The sizes for the print and cut are reduced.
2. Silhouette Cameo 3
It is a major rival machine to the Explore Air 2. They do not have a great distinction in their prices and often crafters will choose a favorite brand between the two. The Cameo 3 is quite useful as it is an advancement of the Cameo 2.
- It has a dual carriage. The machine will enable you to cut and still draw at the same time.
- It has many storage compartments where you can store your materials.
- There is a fancy touchscreen that is quite simple to use. The feature has got audio alerts too.
- You can be able to calibrate this machine automatically by setting the AutoBlade to suit the material you are currently using. This means that it is ideal for beginners.
- This machine can accommodate thicker materials. It has a cutting clearance of around 2mm.
The Cameo 3 is chic and sleek.
- The only demerit of this machine is that its cutting force is a bit weak. It does not have a strong cutting force meaning it could probably be a bit slow.
3. Sizzix Big Shot
This is one of the cheapest print and cut machines for home crafts. It is ideal for minor projects like card-making and stickers. It achieves both embossing and cutting and again it is very cheap. It is also saves you the costs associated with electricity since it does not use electricity.
The machine uses a crank which needs manual labor.
- The machine has a warranty of 3 years.
- It is small and portable. Ideal since it will fit well on your desktop.
- It is very cheap. It costs just under $100.
- Perfect for cutting and embossing.
- Crank operated. You will have to apply your effort on it to functions since it is not operated by electricity.
- The machine cannot cut materials that are more than 6 inches wide.
4. Silhouette Portrait
This is also another machine that gives you value for your money in the market currently. It is ideal for small projects just as Sizzix Big Shot. It is cheap and very easy to use. This makes it perfect for crafters who are just starting on the art.
- The machine is super compact and therefore it is amazing for small cuts.
- Easy operation on the machine. It is very simple to install it and also set it up.
- It is usable with a wide variety of materials. Such include fabrics, wood paper, cardstock, vinyl, vellum, and heat transfer materials.
- It cannot cut materials that are more than 8.5 inches wide.
5. Brother ScanNCut 2
This machine is loved by many people as it offers great services to the user. It gives value for your money and is used as a desktop appliance. The 300 DPI scanner that assists crafters to do more print and cut activities. It is also among the cheapest print and cut machines for home crafts when you want to do some small projects back at home.
- Works with a number of materials
- The machine has distinct transfer designs such as USB and the wireless form.
- It has high-quality blades to give you more accuracy
- It has a 300 DPI scanner that is in-built
- Their software does not look very user-friendly and it is very basic.