If there is one thing that I love about spending time with my family and friends during the Holidays, I love cooking and entertaining. Enjoying an amazing meal with some of your favorite comfort foods and conversation with your loved ones makes for some of those perfect moments.
Del Monte is excited to help you create the perfect dishes for your special meals. They’ve made it even easier with their huge collection of recipes, including a Holiday Collection.
A recipe that I know our family will love is the Del Monte Cheddar Corn Casserole.
Cheddar Corn Casserole
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, about 12 oz.
- 2 Tbsps. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ? cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 4 cans (15.25oz.ea.) Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn, well drained
- 1½ cups croutons [or crackers], finely crushed (about 3/4 cup), optional topping
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, optional topping
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper, optional topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss together cheese, flour and pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Stir together milk, cream cheese, 1/3 cup green onions and hot sauce in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Add corn and shredded cheese mixture; stir well to blend evenly. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup green onions and optional toppings, as desired. Bake 5 minutes longer.