As a mom of two little girls, I am always looking for new ways to make sure my girls are getting the nutrients they need.
March is National Nutrition Month®, a nutrition education and information campaign created annually in March by the American Dietetic Association. The campaign focuses attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits. This year’s National Nutrition Month theme, “Eat right with Color,” encourages everyone to remember to include a colorful variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins and dairy on their plates every day.
A healthy diet is important to us all, just as it was to Dinosaurs many years ago. With the month of March focusing on nutrition, it’s the perfect time to look at some great ideas and resources provided by The American Dietetic Association to eat a healthy diet! And, we invite you to to teach your child how to prepare a vegetarian (herbivore) picnic filled with great food and fun by visiting Dinosaur Train on the PBS parent’s site!
To help parents, the American Dietetic Association provides many resources available at Eat Right . They even have a downloadable PDF listing 25 healthy snacks for kids, including these five great ideas:
1. Peel a banana and dip it in yogurt. Roll in crushed cereal and freeze.
2. Spread celery sticks with peanut butter or low-fat cream cheese. Top with raisins. Enjoy your “ants on a log.”
3. Stuff a whole-grain pita pocket with ricotta cheese and Granny Smith apple slices. Add a dash of cinnamon.
4. Mix together ready-to-eat cereal, dried fruit and nuts in a sandwich bag for an on-the-go snack.
5. Smear a scoop of frozen yogurt on two graham crackers and add sliced banana to make a yummy
To help celebrate National Nutrition Month, one For The Love of Baby! reader will have the chance to win a copy of Dinosaur Train:PTERANODON FAMILY WORLD TOUR ADVENTURE!
Enter To Win!
Check out Eat Right and then come back and leave me a comment with something you liked or learned.
- Follow me on Twitter @MommyJenna One Additional Entry
- Become an e-mail subscriber of For The Love of Baby (see bottom of page) Two Additional Entries.
- Tweet about this giveaway linking back to the post for ONCE DAILY Unlimited Entries.
- Comment on any non-giveaway post. Leave me a comment here with a link to the post you commented on. Unlimited Entries.
This giveaway is open to US Shipping Addresses Only. Contest will end March 28th, 2011 at 11:59 PM CST. Winner will have 48 hours from the time contacted via e-mail to claim prize. Winner will be selected at random.
374 total views, 1 views today